Saturday, January 1, 2011

3rd Trimester begins...

We've made it to the home stretch!! 27 weeks down, and only 13 more to go! It's unbelievable that we've even made it this far! I'm very grateful and can't wait to meet our little boy.

I scheduled a 4-D ultrasound for this coming Saturday as a birthday present to myself! I can't wait to see what he'll look like at this stage! We're also inviting the parents and I think it'll be more real for them to see it in 4-D because when I explain the 2-D ultrasounds they sometimes don't see what the picture really is lol.

The baby shower planning has begun and we're looking at the 22nd of January and 5th of February. We had to split up the showers because there's just too many people and I don't want to feel TOO overwhelmed. I'm very excited to see what we get for Nathan and very excited so I can start planning on what WE need to get him and what's left lol.

I'm currently not working due to the swelling in my legs, feet, hands, face, and abdomen. The Dr. recommended I take it easy before I go in to pre-term labor due to toxemia. Joel and I had a long conversation and decided it'd just be best for me to take some time off and keep my feet up. Get things done in preparation for Nathan's arrival while still taking it easy. It sucks not working and having to depend on Joel for everything but, I know it's in the best interest for Nathan and I. Especially since I start classes again here in a few weeks :/

Nathan has been moving a whole lot lately and I got a taste of what it feels like to have a foot in my rib last night. It wasn't very pleasant thankfully he moved after a few minutes! It's weird to WATCH my stomach move around while he moves. Most of the time I'll try to show Joel and Nathan will stop when Joel looks. I'm like AHH!! I think it's their little game they play. Joel also likes to put his head on my stomach and Nathan will kick him in the head. I suppose their bonding!? lol

I'm soo thankful to be in the position I'm in right now. This is very unreal to me. I never thought I'd ever make it this far and here I am now actually preparing for the arrival of our son. AND it's not even that far away. 13 weeks and counting!!

No comments:

Post a Comment