Sunday, July 10, 2011

Can you quit growing now?!

4 months... 13 lbs. 8 oz and 24 1/2 inches long! :)

I can't believe Nathan is 4 months already. 4 MONTHS!! He has such a personality now.. oh and an attitude. We play "Here comes the mousey" and he knows I'm going to tickle him when I do this so he clenches up and starts smiling. Sometimes he even clenches up and starts giggling! As frustrating as it can be sometimes being a mom, his smile and giggles make EVERYTHING worth while!

He's sleeping VERY well now!! For a few days he was getting up every 3-4 hours but, he's now back to his normal 8:30pm - 5 or 6am. He also takes a morning nap, afternoon nap, AND an evening nap. He really loves to sleep.. wonder where he gets that from ;)

We started Nathan on cereal with a spoon this month. The pediatrician recommended we try it since he's taking 6 oz of formula every 2 to 3 hours now and is still only 13.8lbs. It went well the first few times but, now he HATES eating from the spoon. He loves sitting in his highchair he looks so proud of himself it's adorable but, The moment I put the spoon to his mouth it's instant screaming. (which is now high pitched, over the top screaming.. apparently just like Joel when he was this age) As soon as I give him his bottle back he's fine. I don't know why he was ok with the spoon at first and is now so negative towards it. I'm going to have to make a call to the pediatrician and ask them for advice.

Nathan is growing soo fast it's hard to keep up with everything. He's almost sitting up on his own just loses his balance. He is more engaged in the books when I'm reading to him and his toys now. I know what he likes to do for entertainment and what he's not going to like now. Example he LOVES watching the show WORD WORLD and SPONGEBOB SQUARE PANTS I know it's not the best for him to watch TV but, he really enjoys it and I don't think an episode or 2 here and there will kill him. He also loves his activity saucer and likes to push the buttons to make the music start up. He also likes his over him stand where there's toys dangling down and he can play with them. He plays with that for literally an hour or 2 a day. He's VERY good with his head control now and is still only rolling from tummy to back.

I love watching him grow and get more of a personality, sometimes it's funny to see things and I'll know OH that's his dad, or yup that's so me! I love this journey of being a mommy!!



No comments:

Post a Comment